Saturday, October 20, 2007

 

My First Blog

Hi, my name is Andrew Nowocien but all my friends call me Noly. It's been my nickname since 6th grade so I just introduce myself as Noly now when I meet new people. I am from Niagara Falls, New York and I am a freshmen this year living in the Baits II dorm complex. A lot of people say that North Campus is boring. It isn't that bad. Sometimes it is a nuisance when you have to take the bus to central and you don't feel like going anywhere. But its really nice up here. The rooms are nice, we have private bathrooms, and we have good food at the Bursley Dining Hall. Dinner is always a social experience because there are so many people there and the way the cafeteria is set up you just sit down and meet new people. It's a good time.

I am majoring in Aeronautical Engineering. All I do is Calculus. All the time, every day, there is always more calc to do. I am also in engineering 101 which is usually confusing because I have never taken any kind of computer programming class. But eventually I figure it out with everyone else and it isn't that bad. I am in Chemistry 125 (which is just labs) and Political Science 101. I didn't have to take Chem 130 because I got credit for it on an ap exam. Poly Sci is an interesting class. Well I liked reading Socrates, he was my favorite so far. Reading Hobbes wasn't fun.

My year so far has been a fun new experience. I have developed a solid routine to get all my work done so that I can have some free time by the end of the day. My free time usually consist of just hanging out with my hallmates for an hour or so before I go to bed. I love it here in Ann Arbor, and it's great to be a Michigan Wolverine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?